[Techtalk] Software recommendation: photo database

etb lizzy at soggytrousers.net
Sun Dec 28 23:36:51 EST 2003

Piglet writes:

> It is very much the standard format for genealogy.
>
> The down side of this for linux users is that there isn't any such
> animal as a user-friendly genealogy program in Linux, last I looked.

There is:

   http://gedcom-parse.sourceforge.net/

which is a library for working with the raw GEDCOM data which should
certainly help if Mary decides to go in that direction. Anyway I've
held my tongue on this topic long enough I suppose and I suggest that
she simply define her own XML schema (not necessarily "XML Schema" but
rather the scheme itself) and build tools to work with it.

Elizabeth