[Techtalk] samba problem

Chantal Rosmuller chantal at antenna.nl
Mon Dec 1 14:27:42 EST 2003

Hi everyone, is there anyone out there who can help me with the
following problem?
I want to make shares on two of our linuxservers with samba, but it is
not working on one of them, the configuration is exactly the same for
both, except for the path

[backup]
   comment = backup share
   path = /home/databases
   valid users = crosmuller
   public = no
   writable = no
   printable = no

we have a windows 2000 domain controller, both linuxservers can ping it.
when I try to access the "not-working" share it asks for a password,
after typing the correct password it asks for the password again.

On the working samba server I use version 2.2.7-3.7.3, on the not workin
one 2.2.7a-8.9.0, but I dont think it has anything to do with the
problem.

Chantal