[Techtalk] Mutt 1.4.1i

anti tanvir anti_tanvir at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 15:47:36 EST 2003

Hi,

I have successfully used Mutt in RHL 8.0...but still
facing some problems...I'd really appreciate if anyone
could help me..

I have several accounts and want mutt to fix the
'from' field when replying...but everytime it shows
the First Account and I have to SHIFT+E to solve the
problem...

My .muttrc looks like this:

set mbox = "~/Mail/Inbox"
set move = no
set folder = "~/Mail"
set record = +Sent
mailboxes +1st +2nd +3rd +4th
#Default account:
folder-hook . set from = 1st
folder-hook . set realname = 1st
#first account
folder-hook 2nd set from = 2nd
folder-hook 2nd set realname = 2nd
#second account
folder-hook 3rd set from = 3rd
folder-hook 3rd set from = 3rd
#3rd account
folder-hook 4th set from = 4th
folder-hook 4th set realname = 4th
set alternates = "1st|2nd|3rd|4th"
macro pager \cb \
<enter-command>'set pipe_decode'<enter>\
<pipe-entry>'urlview'<enter>\
<enter-command>'unset pipe_decode'<enter> \
'follow links with urlview'
set alias_file=~/.mutt_aliases
source ~/.mutt_aliases

My .bash_profile looks like:

MAIL=$Home/Mail/Inbox
export MAIL

Fetchmail gets mails from each server but does not put
them in seperate folders. With this setting I have to
'c' & go to '/var/log/mail/local_user_account/' to
read the mails....and when I reply, the 1st account
comes up as the 'From' field.

When I do 'mutt -v' it shows the mail path as
"/var/mail" and the mailer is Sendmail.

Any help would be much appreciated.