[Techtalk] SuSE Irritant

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at pszone.dynu.net
Mon Apr 28 20:59:53 EST 2003

Found the answer!  Of all places... The SuSE Support Knowledge Base:

Could have sworn I  had looked there before and didn't find it there.  More
coffee please!

To remove this window you need to adapt the /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup on your
system. Comment out the last four lines. They should then look like this:
# (
#     exec setsid $xconsole -notify -nostdin -verbose -exitOnFail
# ) & echo $! > /var/run/xconsole.pid
#
# exit 0

 At the next X Window System start the xconsole shouldn't appear anymore.

Phil