mounting usb was Re: [Techtalk] running linux from external usb hdd?

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Mon Apr 7 20:39:38 EST 2003

oops.

forgot to ask very fundamental question.

now i have this 20gb external USB baby, how do i mount it under
mandrake? i have mandrake 8.2 on my old desktop machine and need to get
into the mdk partition on the drive that came out of my laptop - now in
the USB caddy - to retrieve some data before i wipe it.

im not sure what device this then becomes, so i havent managed to mount
it yet... where should i be looking?...

thanx

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

             gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E