[Techtalk] Icon editor

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Thu Sep 19 14:33:47 EST 2002

>What does the "file" command have to say about it? ('file favicon.ico')

All it says on my system is "data".

>I don't think Windows .ico files ARE the same format as .bmp; I do recall
>you can use PNG format images, although IE doesn't support this...

What do you mean, IE doesn't support .png images? I didn't think IE
supported anything that would change their icon. The spamcop site uses a
.ico file, but it doesn't have any effect on my IE (5.5).

>LOL! Reminds me of the time I needed documentation about LaTeX... ;-)

Yes, I've done that too. I thought that discussion of LaTeX on the Internet
would far outweigh any (ahem) possibly similar terms, but I was wrong.