[Techtalk] Learning Perl

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Sun Sep 8 22:06:01 EST 2002

The ebb.com tutorial is the best one I found online...

Didn't find much use out of perl mongers or the monastery - most of the
posts already on there are pretty advanced, and they seem to be pretty
down on people posting questions without searching the archive to see if
it's been answered before (although how they expect a newbie to know
what to search for is beyond me)

The best I've found so far is simply to decide on a project, script it
out, and look up stuff either in the sources you've looked at or in the
perl documentation (everyone's told me the man pages are pretty good,
and I have to admit, if you know what you're looking for, they aren't
bad.)

If I can squeeze out the money to do so, I'll have to pick up a copy of
that Perl Cookbook. :)

Good luck,

-Poppy

Poppy,				  sylph at cyber-dyne.com