[Techtalk] Learning Perl

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Sun Sep 8 15:46:15 EST 2002

On 08 Sep 2002 15:21:50 -0700
Malke Routh <malke at attbi.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Of course I've been to perl.com, perl mongers, and The Monastery
> looking around. Anyway, I thought I'd ask for your ideas,
> resources (online course simple enough for a programming newbie?),
> etc.  I'll probably check local adult education courses, but
> between running my little business and taking care of my kids, I
> don't have a whole lot of time. Self-study is often harder, but
> you don't have to worry about fitting into someone else's schedule
> and you can do it in your pajamas.
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Malke

Malke,

I learn pretty much the same way, by doing.  Several years ago when
I first began learning Perl I downloaded working Perl scripts and
started changing things to see if I could make them work.  I also
bought copies of _Perl_Cookbook_, Tom Christiansen & Nathan
Torkington and, _Programming_Perl, Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen &
Randal L. Schwartz.

--
Raquel