[Techtalk] Clueless Ripping Revisited--Hardware ?s

Mick Timony madra at gis.net
Tue Oct 29 21:55:04 EST 2002

Dang, I'm a idiot! I gave Beth my .grip file and when I tried to rip a
cd tonight grip didn't work. I reinstalled my OS a few weeks ago and
hadn't checked that Grip still worked.

I had to change the following to get it to work:

mp3 cmdline in the .grip file looks like this:
mp3cmdline -p -v -V2 -b %b %w %m

And I had to change the permissions on cdparanoia.

I'm using a ide-cdwriter which uses SCSI emulation to work. Seems
cdparanoia need to be setuid root to access scsi devices.

 I changed the permissions on cdparanoia to the following:

	chmod 4710 /usr/bin/cdparanoia
	chown root:cdrom /usr/bin/cdparanoia

And doing a "ls -l" the permissions look like so:

-rws--x---    1 root     cdrom         31k Mar 15  2002
/usr/bin/cdparanoia

Beth, let us know if it now works.

Luck
Mick