[Techtalk] Clueless Ripping Revisited--Hardware ?s

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed Oct 30 10:46:32 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 20:55, Mick Timony wrote:
> Dang, I'm a idiot! I gave Beth my .grip file and when I tried to rip a
> cd tonight grip didn't work. I reinstalled my OS a few weeks ago and
> hadn't checked that Grip still worked.

> Beth, let us know if it now works.

Hi Mick, thanks for the considerate follow-up.  I actually did get it
working a few weeks ago. Conor had suggested that it was looking for
/dev/sg* instead of /dev/scd*, which it was so when I chmoded /dev/sg0
it worked like a charm.  Which makes me think, is that what I need to
put in my wine.config for MusicMatch to get the drives to be
recognized?  I bet it is!  I'll have to check that after work.

Thanks again,
Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson