[Techtalk] Next Topic, Remote Display & Access

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Wed Oct 16 12:01:22 EST 2002

Hi again,
since I can't get my mp3 encoding to work the way I want it, time to
table it and move on to the next issue.

I have at my desk two computers.  Also two monitors and two keyboards.
One of these machines is a server I've set up with all of my mp3s so we
can listen to our music on any of the machines we have sprinkled
throughout the house.  It also serves to store backups and downloaded
files that multiple computers have need for (RPMs for the Linux boxes,
and files for the Mac machines).  I would like to get the server's
monitor off of my desk, but I haven't a clue how to set up the system so
I can run it from my desktop.

I do use webmin to manage the services, but I need to be able to run,
say Grip, on that machine from my machine.

Does anyone know of any good howtos, websites, hand-holding guides on
how to do this?

regards,
Beth
--