[Techtalk] Mailserver - which one to install?

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Sat Oct 12 13:27:46 EST 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:44:26AM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
[...]
> I use Postfix. Great mta, and the book "Postfix" by Richard Blum is
> outstanding, especially for beginning mail admins, as it also covers DNS and
> connectivity, and various types of configuration. And the Postfix list is
> quite civilized.
>
> If licensing is an issue, qmail is not GPL. I'm not quite sure what it is.

I might be looking into other MTAs - sendmail (v8.12 IIRC) just Doesn't
Work(tm) at the moment on that box (Debian Woody, new install,
everything else works fine) =(

> qpopper is a nice POP3 server, easy to configure.

That's the one I installed now, together with teapop. Time to RTFM for
me - if you have any good documentation that you can recommend I'd be
grateful for pointers =)

Cheers,

Gina
--
+ Hi, Simon, BOFH here, listen, when that guy comes running into your
  office in about 10 seconds, can you give him a message?