[Techtalk] Setting up Majordomo

Caroline Patterson caroline.patterson at bbc.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 11:11:19 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Dan Richter wrote:

> So far, so good. But what about this one:
>    test-list:      :include:/usr/test/majordomo/lists/test
> What exactly is included? How does the "include" translate to some kind of
> executable program?

This alias refers to your list of subscribers. For the majordomo list
called test-list, your list of subscribers are in a plain text file
called /usr/test/majordomo/lists/test .

I'm not sure if that answers your question :(

> By the way, if anyone has any suggestions or tips on Majordomo, I'd be
> happy to hear them.

I know a bit about majordomo and I can set up new lists (on an existing
list server). I can't think of any useful info to give but if you have
any questions, I'll answer what I can.

Caro