[Techtalk] Setting up Majordomo

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Fri Oct 11 11:49:34 EST 2002

I'm setting up Majordomo. I didn't used to understand postfix (sendmail) at
all, but I'm getting there. I understand basic aliases:
   majordomo-owner: me at myplace.com
And this kind of alias makes some sense:
   majordomo:  "|/usr/test/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
The vertical bar at the beginning means "piped into", so I gather that this
means "execute the program and feed it the e-mail on standard input".

So far, so good. But what about this one:
   test-list:      :include:/usr/test/majordomo/lists/test
What exactly is included? How does the "include" translate to some kind of
executable program?

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions or tips on Majordomo, I'd be
happy to hear them.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
   Do I know what's in this bill? Are you kidding? Only God knows...
       - U.S. Senator Robert Byrd, when asked if he knew the
         contents of a $520 billion, 4000-page spending bill