[Techtalk] X11 config-4

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 3 14:18:50 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

	I was reading the 3d messages and thought this might be a good time to
persue my two monitor questions.I tried a few weeks ago to adjust my
monitors and got confused by the large amount of info in the "config-4
file. My trouble was in figuring out "exactly" which line(s) to change.
A few attempts failed so I settled for the auto settings from
xcinerama.Which set both monitors at 600x80.
	I have a 19 in CTX monitor which is listed in the configuation dialog
boxes and a old NEC 14 which works well on a generic settings and is not
listed. In Mndrk 8.2 I do not believe the GUI allows setting monitors
individually. Both are now set to 600x800, So now it's time to use the
terminal...
	Is it helpful to type in the exact  name of the monitor if it has a
listing in the GUI?

One card is, nvidia Vanta connected to 14" NEC (an old,old svga) 600x800
2nd Card is, nvidia TNT2 connected to the 19" CTX  (a few years
old)768x1024 is what I want to set it to.

Can I change both (Drivers) to the newly downloaded and installed ("rpm
-Uhv" right?) Nvida driver? As in Conor's suggestion?
re; Driver "nvida"
While I at it can I do/ type in "load glx"?

	I had no problem changing the leftof or rightof setting it was easy to
find at the bottom of the page, but got a but confused when looking
higher up/above(lots of stuff), so a more explict direction to where,
which line to make the changes, is mostly what I need.

Thanks in Advance,
Andrew