[Techtalk] 3d acceleration in X

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Oct 3 09:12:35 EST 2002

Look, all I want to do is play Tux racer, OK? Is that too much to ask? Can
anyone point me to a doc that tells how to enable 3d acceleration in Xfree?
I've been all over xfree.org, and I think DRI is what I want, but hey, who
knows? I just want to play Tux Racer. I'm running Red Hat 7.2 and 8.0. Voodoo
3 card and Nvidia TNT2.

Other distros enable it out of the box, but no, not Red Hat. So there is a
way!

RH 8.0 has a decent graphical xfree interface, but the 'enable 3d' box is
grayed out. So much for GUIs. I had Mandrake on the same box, and Mandrake
might be funky at a lot of things, but by gosh it runs Tux Racer.

thanks much!

Carla

--
Carla Schroder, Bratgrrl Computing