[Techtalk] evolution and ipop3d

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Thu Nov 7 03:48:24 EST 2002

> That was what I was saying - the *server* is well within spec. It's perfectly
> entitled not to understand CAPA. The client, however, just QUITs with no
> warning after having sent the username, even though it got the correct
> response. Hence, it's the client's fault. BAD client!
>
> Meredydd

so this is likely to produce error messages on the client?
this is exactly what i struggle with on Evolution - sometimes it prompts
me to enter my password, which then fails. i have exactly the same
problem with netscape 7.0 in (gasp!) windows and - to a lesser degree -
  mozilla 1.1 in gnu/linux... netscape / mozilla is well known for
overusing QUIT....

m~

--
"While UNIX says ``I'm sorry you can't do that'', MacOS has exactly two
error messages. It either goes ``eep?'' or the setup box is simply not

- Alan Cox