[Techtalk] Intro and Gentoo

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 3 03:11:54 EST 2002

Seemant Kulleen & All,

	I looked into using Gentoo and determined it was ahead of my skill
level, I use Mndrke 8.2 and it chalanges me. Mandrake has a rough
character and to many choices of GUI tools, which themselves don't
always work, for a beginer to know how to cope, though one can still get
on, in  Gentoo that is probably not the case. There is a way to go for
all desktop GUI users, this, Mandrake, is reported to be one of the
easiest. Gentoo sounds like it is about choices, a great way to a
streamlined, less bulky box, more robust, but you need to know what to
choose, something that takes Linux experience. Someday I will look at it
again.
	I would like to hear comments.

	Andrew