[Techtalk] console size issue

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon May 6 14:11:19 EST 2002

At 11:24 AM 03/05/02 -0700, Conni wrote:
>On May 1, Akkana conjectured:
> > > Now the other problem: console size issue.  I got a VAIO SR-77, and it's
> > > only doing the console screen at about half size.  X does full
> screen, but
> > > not console.  it's somewhat irritating, even if I normally use X.

Incidentally, with my laptop I get console at full size by hitting a
hardware button which makes it basically just grow the console.  Some
resolutions just show up small on the LCD (I can do the same thing with
games at low rez).  It's possible that the vaio has a similar button to
magnify the smaller console if you can't convince your machine to use a
higher resolution for it.  Mine has an icon on it that looks like a screen
with a two-headed vertical arrow in it.

>All of this, while I'm supposed to be studying for finals.

Know the feeling!  Some of my largest modifications have happened when I
was supposed to be doing something else.  Nothing like midterms to make me
work on a website or upgrade my window manager or something.  I treat it
like I'm procrastinating, but I have this feeling that finding more
brain-intensive diversions from studying may actually help me do well.  I
stop absorbing material after an hour or two, but if I keep my brain busy
in the downtime I'm more likely to get back in to studying easily.

  Terri