[Techtalk] One Standardized Version of Linux

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Mon May 6 09:34:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77          06/05/02 09.34

Sorry don't follow here. I thought that the trademark of 'Linux' was
owned by Linus. Doesn't this mean that he has saw over how the name is
used?

Matt

Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 12:31:50 +1000
Subject: Re: [Techtalk] One Standardized Version of Linux

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 10:25:01PM +0100, /dev/null wrote:
> there isnt centralised 'control'... and when there is, in the case of
> Linus's work, he's known to be a 'benign dictator'... and people can,
> as you say, always go off and do their own things with the ideas if
> they want something different....

And not only can they do their own thing with the ideas, they can do
their own thing with the actual source code.

There is nothing stoping me having my own version of the Linux kernel :)

-Mary.