[Techtalk] mutt is trying to drive me crazy ...

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Tue Mar 26 00:09:40 EST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 01:56:28PM +1100, Mary wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:45:30PM -0800, jennyw wrote:
> > set realname = "Jen Wu" set from = jennyw at dangerousideas.com ...
> >
> > Is this just plain wrong?
>
> According to the mutt manual these ought to work. But I think I have
> also had trouble using them. Hence the my_hdr alternative.
>
> > > Incidently, when yousay you are looking for a good mail client, what
> > > is your criterion?
> >
> > I use several mail clients. I guess I'd like a text-based one, and
> > Mutt seems to be the one that everyone says is great.  My mail is all
> > kept on IMAP servers, though, and I've heard that IMAP support in PINE
> > is better, so I might try that instead (also, I used PINE years ago in
> > college, so it'll be a bit more familiar).
>
> I've never used IMAP in Pine, so it might well be better, but I have
> used it in mutt, and it was fine for me in mutt.

I read that IMAP support was greatly improved in one of the newer Mutt
releases, so perhaps that was true but is no longer true. I don't know
for sure, though, since I don't know anything about Pine.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
Lead Developer                             http://www.linuxdoc.org

Blessed are your feet, that have brought you in these ways.
Blessed are your knees, that kneel at the sacred altar.
Blessed is your sex, without which we would not be.
Blessed are your breasts, formed in strength and beauty.
Blessed are your lips, which shall speak the sacred names.
		-- Traditional blessing