[Techtalk] mutt is trying to drive me crazy ...

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Mar 26 11:27:54 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:09:40PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> I read that IMAP support was greatly improved in one of the newer Mutt
> releases, so perhaps that was true but is no longer true. I don't know
> for sure, though, since I don't know anything about Pine.

Well, I'm giving it a shot.  So far, so good -- it even supports IMAP over
SSL!  Only problem is that I can't get back to my inbox when I change
folders. It just displays two IMAP lines, both of which list the folders,
not the messages in my inbox.  Actually, that's not entirely true -- on
one server, it works okay (the second IMAP goes to the inbox, the first to
folders), and on another it doesn't. Both are running Courier.  Weird.

Anyway, I'm sure as I use mutt more (I'm using it to reply to this
message) I'll start liking it more.  I've already gone from hating it to
feeling kind of comfortable with it, so that's a good sign ...

Jen