[Techtalk] alsa and thinkpad 600E

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sun Jun 16 11:57:20 EST 2002

hi Akkana

thanks heaps...
uhh...

which directory would the drivers be in? i have an awful lot of
possibilities....!!!

yes, 2.6 will be great - i've been trying 2.5.9 with alsa built in which is
fun... it was part of how i got this to work although at the moment i'm on
2.4.18-6mdk and thats where i've had the most progress! strange...

yes, the ALSA wiki is good... i've been a bit shy to post there though, in
case of looking an idiot... there have been some other questions about rare
drivers there though...

best wishes

miriam

> I had problems getting alsa utilities to run, or the module to load
> automatically, on my main machine when I reinstalled the OS.  I finally
> figured it out: although I had installed the ALSA drivers, libs, and
> modules, I had forgotten the step (mentioned in the mini-howto on the
> main ALSA web site,
> http://www.alsa-project.org/~valentyn/Alsa-sound-mini-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.6
> ) of running ./snddevices in the drivers directory.
> When I did that, things started working much better.
>
> I'll be SO happy when the 2.6 kernel is ready and alsa is built in
> to the kernel (and shipped with redhat) instead of being an add-on.
> I'm sure things will work much better then.
>
> I notice the ALSA site has a new ALSA howto wiki, at
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/
> That's new since the last time I looked.
>
> 	...Akkana

- --
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

pgp key at http://www.iriXx.org/pub_key.asc