[Techtalk] alsa and thinkpad 600E

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Jun 17 09:52:34 EST 2002

/dev/null writes:
> which directory would the drivers be in? i have an awful lot of
> possibilities....!!!

I was assuming you were building ALSA from source, which is what I
had to do (Redhat doesn't ship ALSA).  The source comes as three
directories: alsa-drivers, alsa-libs and alsa-utils.

If you have a distro that actually ships ALSA, I would think it would
also have some sort of sound configuration tool which should take care
of this for you.  Or you could try doing "locate snddevices" to find
out whether that script exists on your system.  Failing that, you could
download the alsa-drivers tarball from http://www.alsa-project.org/
just to get snddevices, assuming you already have the drivers/libs/utils
installed.

	...Akkana