[Techtalk] Keyboard/mouse probs

Pierre Fortin pfortin at pfortin.com
Sat Jun 15 10:59:12 EST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:19:53 +0100 "Rain" <digitalrain at lineone.net> wrote:

> I have a Twinhead laptop (model SLVX2-266TG) it is basically a 266 MHz
> PII with 64 Meg ram.  I installed RedHat 7.2, all went well during the
> installation using the graphical installer but on rebooting and then
> going into KDE the mouse and keybaord wont work.  It is as if there is
> some sort of conflict.  I tried installing Redmond Linux and the same
> thing happened. I have installed now four times and everytime the same
> thing happens.  Any idea where to start looking??
> Many thanks

At the LILO screen when booting starts, enter "linux 3" which will bring
your machine up without X...  there, the mouse and keyboard should work in
text mode.  If so, try starting X with "startx"...  if the mouse &
keyboard work now, then we share a problem that I can't get anyone to look
at (yet)...  in my case, only the mouse won't work if I let X start as
part of the bootup; but it's fine if I startx...

Pierre