[Techtalk] sendmail spamming

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Thu Jun 13 07:50:43 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 01:20, ashish k ratnaparkhi wrote:
> hello all ..
> problem problem problemprob......
> my mail server is open to all is spammed i entered my ip address
> at ordb.com site it showed that my mail server is listed in
> spammed servers i have gone through lot many tutorial but didn't
> get ,i want that only my users can mail and the number of user are
> 200 and i m using class a class b and class c ip address so it is
> not possible for me to make a list of all ip address and give
> access in accessdb file as i m using linux 7.0 please send me the
> possible congifuration or any site.bye waiting for the reply.

Which mail program are you using?  Sendmail? Qmail? Exim? Something
else?
We can't give you a configuration until we know which one you're using.

Whatever your program, this website has some solutions
http://mail-abuse.org/tsi/ar-fix.html

Also search Google with the keywords 'open mail relay'

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/