[Techtalk] Discuss CMS's Such As Zope

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu Jun 6 12:26:53 EST 2002

Hi Megan,

On Thursday 06 June 2002 14:01, Megan Golding wrote:
> One person suggested looking into blogs (especially
> Greymatter) as a "poor man's CMS". That's pretty close
> to what I need.

Another one of those is called Scoop.  It's supposed to be great for
dynamic content.   www.lupercalia.net (LDP project site) uses it if
you want to check it out.

> Based on what I saw in Zope and the blog suggestion, I
> finally wound up with the idea to use our corporate
> Wiki  for web content storage. I'm planning on storing
> web content as Wiki topics and export the generated
> HTML to our web site. We'll then use server side
> includes to get the "body" section to merge up with
> the header, footer, etc. I'm testing this out now.

My web site is static, but I use server side includes for my content,
header and footer as well.  I have a blank.shtml file that I use as a
template with the header and footer includes, to generate new pages.

When I needed to create a table to make my menu button areas, I used
a program called Image Split (shareware for Winblows I think), and it
generated the table in very clean html.

May be moot, if you have your own way of doing things, but I wanted
to pass these ideas on in case you were interested!

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: http://www.merlinmonroe.com