Clean HTML (was: Re: [Techtalk] Discuss CMS's Such As Zope)

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Fri Jun 7 17:59:26 EST 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 12:26:53PM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Tabatha Persad thought:

> My web site is static, but I use server side includes for my content,
> header and footer as well.  I have a blank.shtml file that I use as a
> template with the header and footer includes, to generate new pages.
>
> When I needed to create a table to make my menu button areas, I used
> a program called Image Split (shareware for Winblows I think), and it
> generated the table in very clean html.

Since you're talking about menu button areas and stuff, there's some
interesting stuff relating to mozilla and standards compliance here:

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/demos.html

Look at the "spiral" demo which (very cleanly) handles menu buttons and
background images and proper compositing.

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)