[Techtalk] Discuss CMS's Such As Zope

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Thu Jun 6 12:23:53 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 07:34, Megan Golding wrote:
> Hello, Chix!
>
> I'm looking for a web site content management system
> that's open source and easy enough to use. This is a
> plea for help from the LinuxChix community --
> especially those with some Zope experience. :)
>
> I've been looking into Content Management Systems
> (CMS's). Zope seems to be the hands-down leader in the
> open source field. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't
> go with it? Can anyone recommend alternatives?

LinuxChix is using Zope, so all our volunteers can tell you what it's
like to actually use it.

Note that the way we're using Zope, we rely on the updaters having HTML
knowledge or at least the ability to copy existing pages. Which is
reasonable (I believe) in our situation...

Dancer sysadmins the Zope, so I can't tell you much about how easy it is
to sysadmin. I find it easy to use, but then I also find CVS easy to use
so I may not be the target audience. :)

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/