[Techtalk] Poll: who uses Linux in a business setting

Caroline Patterson caroline.patterson at bbc.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 16:47:55 EST 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Just curious who actually uses Linux for work: for your own business, serving
> customers, anything beyond tinkering in your back bedroom. Show of hands,
> please.

We use Linux at my work a lot (BBC Internet Services). It's ideal for
realmedia webcams among other things. The rest of the time we mainly use
Solaris. An old article on the subject (Linux at the BBC) is linked off
the www.linuxplanet.com homepage. One of the reasons it was written was
to try and encourage more businesses to use Linux.

Caro

Those who know don't talk, Those who talk don't know. -- Tao te Ching