[Techtalk] What do you do with old computers?

Dana Sibera dana at jaime.com
Sat Jan 26 23:53:48 EST 2002

On Saturday, January 26, 2002, at 08:46  PM, Sonja Krause-Harder wrote:
> Nevertheless, it is a working computer, so I can't just throw it out.
> (I have trouble getting rid of broken ones, though I'm pretty much
> clueless with hardware). Do you also have oldies like that at home,
> and do you use them for anything?

I purposely collect the things myself - 30 working older macs, and a few
running linux/netbsd, 'just to see'. They were indeed "my first
commandline" machines, now one is my webserver, and another will be a
fileserver. It's all a home network setup for the fun of it and with no
practical use - apart from getting a feel for just what hardware can do
what. The webserver is a 40Mhz Quadra, and works deliciously, with
2.2.20 & apache :).

dana
--
http://www.danamania.com