[Techtalk] What do you do with old computers?

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sat Jan 26 22:07:54 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 20:46, Sonja Krause-Harder wrote:

> Now, this machine was old when I did this, but now it is ancient :)
> Nevertheless, it is a working computer, so I can't just throw it out.
> (I have trouble getting rid of broken ones, though I'm pretty much
> clueless with hardware). Do you also have oldies like that at home,
> and do you use them for anything?

When we moved to Melbourne from Brisbane, we needed to do a fire sale
on spurious equipment - we wound up giving three AppleIIs (one a clone)
and four or five Atari STs to another techie friend of ours.

Right now, I'm contemplating begging the use of a laptop that will run
vim, cvs, and (ideally) some sort of Handspring/Palm syncer. I'll be
heading to the States in April; and will probably want to be writing.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/