[Techtalk] Keeping legal notices in Docbook.

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Mon Jan 21 21:17:32 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 16:22, Mary Gardiner wrote:

>  * Produce text without an HTML intermediate step. And will it include
>    URLs? If not, is there any way to generate HTML contains the external
>    URLs, but not any document internal URLs (since they're useless when
>    you convert to text with links -dump anyway).

Yes, text is one of the formats for the configuration tools I'm aware
of. (I used to use sgmltools)

>  * Is there any way to get jade/docbook.dsl to produce an output file
>    named anything other than t1.html? jade's documentation is lying
>    about the function of the -o flag as far as I can see, because no
>    matter what I put there, t1.html it is!

Don't know, I'm not familiar with that tool.

>  * Is there any way to force the output to contain the contents of any
>    <legalnotice></legalnotice> tags? Jenn is using them in the FAQs, but
>    they don't show up in the output, which is rather a nuisance. It
>    would be nice to have text and HTML versions that actually include
>    the licencing.

That'd be a stylesheet issue. (Fiddling witht he stylesheets was
something I never learned to do.)

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/