[Techtalk] gnome menu prompting

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Tue Jan 15 13:08:43 EST 2002

I'm curious if anyone knows a way to make gnome menu actions prompt for
input?  Back when I was using CDE i had a handy little "remote login" menu
item that would prompt for parameters and then substitute them in the
command line string.

Is anything like that possible in the Gnome menu editor?  And is there any
way for a user to add items someplace in the menu tree except for under
"Favorites".  I'd like to add things under Applications but it appears that
only root can do that.  Note, I don't care to add it for everyone, just me.

--
Kathryn