[Techtalk] End key no longer goes to EOL

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Thu Jan 10 23:07:43 EST 2002

> If you still have a box which has a working "End" key, run xev on it, hit
> the it, and see what gets spit out on the terminal.  Then do the same on
> your RH7.2 box.  There should be different results.

Okay, I did this.  The only part of the result that's different is on the
second line:

  KeyRelease event, serial 29, synthetic NO, window 0x1600001,
    root 0x35, subw 0x0, time 1404496059, (198,393), root:(501,532),
    state 0x0, keycode 103 (keysym 0xff57, End), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

nearly all those numbers are different, which is to be expected I think
(tho I'm not sure what all those things mean but I think they related to
where the window is on the screen at the time?)  but the 3rd line is
identical on both machines, which is the part I would've expected to be
different, no?

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196