[Techtalk] C programming "course"

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 22:12:20 EST 2002

[ Trimmed cross-postings. ]

Brenda Prigg wrote:

> Hi!  My first posting (yeah) ... though I have only been subscribed for 6
> months or so.
>
> A C programming "course" sounds great.  I wonder if "C, A Reference
> Manual" by Harbison and Steele could work?  (As others have mentioned we
> want to stay close to standards such as ANSI.)

I was rather unimpressed by "C, A Reference Manual", though I must
admit that I bought it forever ago and was already a skilled C
programmer.

Rather than something that's reference-y, how about something more
like a college textbook?  I'd be more than happy to help however I
can. But don't make me look at a book I hate!
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.