[Techtalk] Re: [Issues] kernel hacking class

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Fri Jan 11 23:04:50 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 14:41, Jeff Dike wrote:
> Val Henson writes:
> > One thing I would be very very interested in using the new list for is
> > teaching Linux kernel development to women.  I'm lonely!  If you've
> > ever thought, "Gee, I'd like to write kernel code, but I don't even
> > know where to start," then pipe up and let me know you're interested!
>
> As someone who knows his way around the kernel (I maintain the user-mode
> port of Linux, http://user-mode-linux.sf.net), I'd be willing to help out
> in any way that's reasonable.  I know a number of other kernel hackers would,
> as well.  Rik van Riel would for sure, and so would a number of other
> lesser-known but quite competent hackers.

I believe that Val is also a kernel hacker, and thus presumably also
knows other hackers. It's a generous offer. It's also an example of the
'here, I'll show you how it's done' meme.
However, Val will, no doubt, ask for help if she needs it. :)

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/