[Techtalk] lilo gone bad

Zohar, Itai Itai.Zohar at comverse.com
Sun Jan 6 16:29:44 EST 2002

You can boot directly from the RH7.1 CD and chose rescue mode. It'll ask you
a couple of questions, but will eventually load it's own kernel. You will
then be able to mount your root partition and have access to lilo and
lilo.conf (and the lilo man page) and you can recreate your disk.

Itai.

MY LILO floppy has gone out of order suddenly (it can't load the kernel)
and I can't log in to my RedHat Linux. Is there any way I can make another
LILO floppy disk by keeping my existing installation intact? If so, how?
The system is RHL 7.1 using vmlinuz dual mode with w2k.

Any help would be much appreciated.