[Techtalk] multiple domains, single server

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Wed Dec 11 15:46:16 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:49:24PM -0500, Malcolm-Rannirl wrote:
> > The "From:" header comes from the mail client, so I'm having
> > a bit of trouble understanding what the problem is.
> The other headers.
> From: Pastor Joe <joe at pastorjoesspirtualcenter.org>

Do those Received headers come from the HELO host in the
conversation with the SMTP server?  If so, it sounds like you need
some way to alter the contents of helohost (one of the configuration
files used by qmail-remote) dynamically based on the domain in the
sender's address or to have qmail-remote ignore helohost altogether
and determine the HELO host to used in the same way.  Someone may
already have written a patch to do that (it sounds like a
not-too-obscure requirement).  The qmail discussion list would
certainly have a more specific answer for you.

--
Katie Bechtold
http://katie-and-rob.org/