[Techtalk] kernel 2.4.19

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 11 14:46:01 EST 2002

mc wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Has anyone upgraded to the above kernel?  From my reading, upgrading may
> get the onboard sound on my new MB to be recognized (then again it may
> not, but I am willing to try).  Any gotchas?  I already downloaded the
> tarball from kernel.org.  This is an RH7.3 system.

I'm running 2.4.19 on a dual P3 with Soundblast Live! sound
card.  So far it seems to be extremely solid and I must say
that I was pleasantly surprised to find that the SCSI tape
support works MUCH better.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.