3rd [Techtalk] kernel What have i done

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 8 04:10:32 EST 2002

Hi Again,

Tabatha,
	I began this by getting the 2.4.19 source from kernel.org.
(Actually this has been an ongoing hurdle, started at 2.4.18 weeks
ago.)
	Because 2.4.3 is such a big jump to 2.4.19 I thought it good
to simply compile a new kernel. This may be where it went wrong.
	At the begining I was not certain where to copy the compiled
bzImage file. I did a "make mrproper" to start over and from then on
"make *anything*" gives me file not found error. I only get to do
this stuff late at night and it is 4am for me. My hope is this server
will continue to function tomorrow, now only 4 hours away.

	Please Keeep the suggestions coming, I am learning. Can you
explain a bit more about targz and patches.

--

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew