3rd [Techtalk] kernel What have i done

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu Aug 8 00:45:58 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 03:39, Andrew wrote:
> 	Yes I did the sym link /usr/src/linux /usr/src/linux-2.4.19.
> Then went on to do make dep and got the same old "file not found"
> error, listed in the previous e-mail info.
> 	I too think make is looking for a file, but do not know
> which,where, or how to fix it. Cleaning out the /usr/src/...file did
> not do anything.
> 	**So are you saying cleaning it out, as I did, will not
> affect re-boot or start-up? That is good news.

Hi Andrew,

Excuse me if you already mentioned this, but how are you going about the
updating of your kernel?  If I remember correctly, you are supposed to
patch up if using tar.gz.  Are you going straight from 2.4.3 to 2.4.19?

I don't know if it matters or not, but in the event that it does, the
linuxnewbie.org howtos for kernels mention how to patch up as well.
This was the way I had to do it to get a specific kernel to recognize my
sound card.

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com