[Techtalk] ISA PNP modem help

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Aug 6 14:47:57 EST 2002

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net writes:
> I definetly need ISAPNP help, 2.4.18 kernel style.  Nothing else will
> do.

Is the information in the kernel source's Documentation/isapnp.txt
any help?
Most of it is oriented toward developers, but it looks
like you might be able to echo auto > /proc/isapnp

http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/goyiosn/linux/acer_winmodem.txt
has a description of getting a laptop winmodem working on a 2.4 kernel,
and he's using /proc/isapnp ... maybe something there is helpful.

But http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2001-27/0088.html
says not to mix pnptools with isapnp in 2.4 kernels (which I think
is what the person with the acer laptop was doing).

	...Akkana