[Techtalk] Four speaker support with Soundblaster cards

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Thu Aug 1 13:18:22 EST 2002

Asking this for a friend:

Has anybody had any success getting four speakers (that is, two pairs)
to work with a Soundblaster Live Value card under Linux? Some exploring
on Google (in particular, Google groups) has not really turned up much
and I am at a bit of a loss to know where else to look.

The sort of thing she is wanting to do is that when an mp3 plays, the
sound should go to both sets of speakers. Currently (with the emu10k1
driver) it only goes to the first set. Also, from some random poking
around we just did, the standard audio mixer applications all just seem
to have one set of volume controls, so I am not sure if there is meant
to be independent control. Does anybody have any experience with too
many speakers on their system? :-)

Thanks,
Malcolm