[Techtalk] LaTeX/BiBTeX style files needed - mini-intro.

Sharon I. O'Donnell sharon at dechert.econ.uh.edu
Tue Apr 16 00:16:52 EST 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Mary wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got back an essay from my university's history department with
> the comment that they don't allow Hardvard-style citations, they want
> footnote style citations.
>
> Can anyone point me to a LaTeX/BiBTeX .sty file that will do this, or
> failing that, a good guide to writing them myself? Most of the stuff
> I've seen assumes you already know how to do it.

Latex in Red Hat 7.2 contains a package called footbib - it defines
\footcite in place of \cite (cute).  I found a dvi writeup in the
following directory.

/usr/share/texmf/doc/latex/styles/footbib.dvi

If your flavor of Latex is missing it, I suspect a google search on
footbib.sty will bring up a gzip file with the files.

I think that footbib uses the bibliography style defined in your paper, I
am not sure, haven't used it. Nice if it does.

Hope this helps.

\begin{intro}
Just joined the mailing lists last week - have really enjoyed the
discussions so far - just finished PhD here and am starting a PostDoc -
began my computer work on mainframes - worked down to workstations running
unix - was never all that impressed with windoze so I tore it off this
laptop and installed Red Hat.
\end{intro}

Sharon
Sharon I. O'Donnell