[Techtalk] LaTeX/BiBTeX style files needed.

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Tue Apr 16 13:43:31 EST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:26:31PM +1000, Mary wrote:
> I just got back an essay from my university's history department with
> the comment that they don't allow Hardvard-style citations, they want
> footnote style citations.

At the risk of looking uneducated (both in History and Citing), what are
"footnote style citations"?

I can probably help, but I need more clues about what you want to
achieve (just mail me off-list if you think it's too boring for here).

> Can anyone point me to a LaTeX/BiBTeX .sty file that will do this, or
> failing that, a good guide to writing them myself? Most of the stuff
> I've seen assumes you already know how to do it.

They're not too hard to do yourself (he says, vaguely remembering having
done this once or twice before in another life).

Cheers,
Malcolm