[Techtalk] Question re Kmail & Evolution

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Fri Apr 12 22:48:52 EST 2002

If you're willing to install an IMAP server on your Linux box, you could
use OE to copy your messages from Hotmail to IMAP. Then you could copy
them from the IMAP folders to local folders in Evolution. I find that
using IMAP as an intermediary for switching e-mail programs works very
well.

I'm currently using Evolution 1.0.2 on Debian when I'm not using mutt
(against all odds, mutt has become my preferred e-mail program despite how
much I diskliked it initially). It works pretty well ...  I tried earlier
versions, and they were messy to install, but this was pretty easy. What
distribution are you using?

Jen