[Techtalk] Question re Kmail & Evolution

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 12 20:35:46 EST 2002

Hi Travis,

Well I decided to give it another go after reading your email.

Actually Kmail doesn't appear to export at all from what I can see. I
remembered that I have a folder in my home dir called /Mail and I knew that
was all Kmail format after having brought it all in from Outlook Express.

So I shut down Kmail and opened up Evolution and just tried to do an import
with the File Type set to Automatic, since the others were not applicable.

I just did a test on one email folder called XML Stuff.  It had 3 messages in
it.  The first thing I notice is that I will have to individually import each
and every one of my mail folders.  Ew.

And it was a good thing I only tried one folder, because I imagine I might
have been able to CTRL-select everything.  However, when I sucessfully
imported the folder into Evolution, for every message it displays below it an
empty message with nothing in it.  So all my REAL messages are double spaced
by junk.  Some of my mail folders have in the hundreds of emails, so that
would really suck to clean up!

Again, I imagine upgrading Evolution from 0.13 to the latest would take care
of it, but I'm too chicken.  I'll get to know Kmail - it's really not that I
don't like it, just things feel different... nothing I can't get over!

Thank you for your info, it's what prompted me to at least find out I COULD
automatically import Kmail, even if it didn't quite jive!

Tabatha