[Techtalk] cisco 3500XL switch

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Tue Apr 9 10:24:26 EST 2002

Briskola,

Thanks for replying to my switch question.

Unfortunately a separate VLAN wont solve the problem either. The computer on e0/5 has to be accessable by the rest of the network.

To me the most obvious solution is two nics on different networks in the controlling pc, and no forwarding set up between the two nics. The problem here is that there arent enough free pci slots to put another nic in.

I have made several other suggestions to the company which have all been rejected.

When I remembered the mac-addres restrict static command I though that was the answer to our problems except for it not being available on this switch it seems.

I was hoping there might've been an equivalent command.

Sigh.

Thanks for helping though!