[Techtalk] DHCP question maybe dns

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Tue Apr 9 11:58:38 EST 2002

Hi all.

I realise this is a dumb question, well it may be.  I just set up dhcp on my
server for the laptop, for pcs when they run windows and for laptops that
belong to people who drop by (usually it's to use the printer), but I
realised that this may not be the most practical thing to do as the computer
that has the colour printer on it is my roommates Win95 PC.  Is there any
way to have the DHCP server only give that computer one address, or
conversely tell the other computers on the network what its IP is when it
they need to access the printer.